This is a full day course held monthly at our training facility at Telkwa. It is designed to teach you how to respond to the most common and most life-threatening workplace first aid emergencies and first aid attendant procedures:
- Roles and responsibilities of the First aider
- Priority action approach
- Wound assessment and treatment
- Discussion of First aid records
- Breathing emergencies/obstructed airways
- CPR A and training on an AED
- Managing bleeds and identifying Shock
- Medical conditions
The course is finished with a little exam. Participants will obtain the standardized certificate of WorkSafeBC.
Duration: 8 hours
Certification is good for 3 years.